With a tax-deductible gift to the Texas Parents Association, parents and families can sign up for a One-Year, Four-Year or Transfer supporting membership. These gifts are vital as they fund the operation of the Texas Parents office and are reinvested into the UT community through multiple outlets, including grants to student organizations and awards to students, faculty and staff.
As a supporting member, you will receive:
- the same communication as U-Touch members, including a monthly Texas Parents Association eNewsletter on the 15th of each month and important updates from university administration.
- access to the Texas Parents closed Facebook group which connects you with a strong community of fellow Longhorn parents who are eager to share information, advice and support. In the past few years, it's become extremely popular with members as a place to discuss, connect and celebrate!
- online webinars with campus experts who discuss topics central to student success.
- an online portal housing a comprehensive guide to your supporting membership benefits and how to use them.
After signing up, we’ll mail you a package with your Texas Parents membership card and other items.
All supporting members enjoy the basic supporting member benefits listed below. Four-Year and Transfer supporting members receive further benefits, including a discount at the University Co-op and special opportunities with Texas Athletics. Learn more about each supporting membership level by clicking the links at the top, right of this page.
Basic Supporting Member Benefits
COMMUNICATIONS & SUPPORT
- Communications to keep you connected to campus
- Closed Facebook group for Texas Parents supporting members only
- Webinars on campus topics
- Knowledgeable and dedicated full-time Texas Parents staff
- Members’ Marketplace: Information about and discounts from fellow members’ businesses
HOTEL / LODGING DISCOUNTS
- AT&T Conference Center
- Austin East KOA Lodges and RV Park
- Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown
- DoubleTree Suites Austin
- Drury Inn & Suites-Austin
- Embassy Suites Hotel Austin Central
- Fairfield Inn & Suites-University Area
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites @ The University/Capitol
- Hilton Austin
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
- Holiday Inn Express Austin Downtown University Area
- Hotel Indigo Austin Downtown University Area
- Hyatt Place Austin/Downtown
- Orangewood Inn & Suites Midtown Austin
- Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
- SuperShuttle: 10% off
- VonLane: 10% off
YUMMIES & FLOWERS
- Cornucopia Popcorn: 15% off; Purchase a tin and receive 50% off all tin refills in the shop
- Polkadots Cupcake Factory: Free delivery in campus area with an order of 12 cupcakes, excluding Valentine’s Day and Halloween specials
- Tiff's Treats: 10% off any order over $10
- Westbank Flower Market: Free delivery to your student, excluding Valentine’s Day
- Nothing Bundt Cake-Westlake: 10% off
ON THE FORTY ACRES
- Cactus Yearbook: 15% off
- Campus Computer Store: 10% off accessories only
- Fax Services for Members’ Students
- Package Shipping to the Texas Parents Office
- Recreational Sports: Complimentary access to facilities during certain UT events
- Shake Smart: Purchase a $25 gift card, get $5 free; or purchase a $50 gift card, get $10 free
- University Federal Credit Union (UFCU): Complimentary student account
- UT Club: Discounted rate
MOVING & STORAGE
- Bellhops: $50 off any moving service booked online
- Collegeboxes: 10% off
- Crampt Crates: Free initial pickup
- Dorm Room Movers: $10 off
- Watson & Taylor Self Storage: Waived administration fee
- Texas Executive Education: 15% off executive leadership training
- Career Onward: 5% off career planning services
MORE GOOD STUFF
- The Blanton Museum of Art: $5 admission
- Bicycle Sport Shop: 5% off new bikes and additional discounts on labor and fitting services (at Guadalupe location only)
- The Bullock Texas State History Museum: $2 off admission
- Kerring Group Medical Equipment Rentals: 15% off
Benefits subject to change.