Membership sign-ups for the 2022-23 year have opened.
With a tax-deductible gift to the Texas Parents Association, parents/families can sign up for a One-Year, Four-Year or Transfer supporting membership. These gifts are vital as they fund the operation of the Texas Parents office and are reinvested into the UT community through multiple outlets, including grants to student organizations and awards to students, faculty and staff.
As a supporting member, you will receive:
- The same communication as U-Touch members, including a monthly Texas Parents Association eNewsletter on the 15th of each month and important updates from university administration.
- Access to the Texas Parents closed Facebook group which connects you with a strong community of fellow Longhorn parents who are eager to share information, advice and support. In the past few years, it's become extremely popular with members as a place to discuss, connect and celebrate!
- The benefit of shipping packages to the Texas Parents Office for your student year-round.
- An online portal housing a comprehensive guide to your supporting membership benefits and how to use them.
After signing up, we’ll mail you a package with your Texas Parents membership card and other items.
All supporting members enjoy the basic supporting member benefits listed below. Four-Year and Transfer supporting members receive further benefits, including a discount at the University Co-op and special opportunities with Texas Athletics. Learn more about each supporting membership level by clicking the links at the top, right of this page.
View the 2022-23 Member Benefit Flyer here.
Basic Supporting Member Benefits
COMMUNICATIONS & SUPPORT
- Communications to keep you connected to campus
- Closed Facebook group for Texas Parents supporting members only
- Knowledgeable and dedicated full-time Texas Parents staff
- Members’ Marketplace: Information about and discounts from fellow members’ businesses
HOTEL / LODGING DISCOUNTS
- AC Hotel Austin - University
- AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
- Austin East KOA Lodges and RV Park
- Austin Proper Hotel
- Austin Southpark Hotel
- Commodore Perry Estate
- Courtyard/Residence Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
- Courtyard Austin-University Area
- DoubleTree Suites Hotel Austin
- The Driskill
- Drury Inn & Suites
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Central
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown South Congress
- Fairfield Inn & Suites-University Area
- Fairmont Austin
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn & Suites-AustinDowntown/Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites @ The University/Capitol
- Hilton Austin
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Downtown-University
- Hotel Ella
- Hotel Indigo Austin Downtown-University
- Hyatt House Austin/Downtown
- Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
- The LINE Austin
- Moxy Austin-University
- The Otis
- Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
- Sonesta Select Austin North Central
SuperShuttle & ExecuCar of Austin: 10% off
Vonlane: 10% off rides $90 and above
YUMMIES & FLOWERS
Cornucopia Popcorn: 15% off, purchase a tin and receive 50% off all tin refills in the shop
Nothing Bundt Cakes, Austin-Westlake: 10% off
Polkadots Cupcake Factory: Free delivery in campus area with an order of 12 cupcakes, excluding Valentine’s Day and Halloween specials
Tiff's Treats: 10% off any order over $15
Westbank Flower Market: Free delivery to your student, excluding Valentine’s Day
ON THE FORTY ACRES
The Blanton Museum of Art: $5 admission
Cactus Yearbook: 15% off
Campus Computer Store: 10% off accessories in store only and 30% off backpacks (excuding Dell)
Fax Services for Members’ Students
Package Shipping to the Texas Parents Office
Recreational Sports: Complimentary access to facilities during certain UT events
Shake Smart: Purchase a $25 gift card, get $5 free; or purchase a $50 gift card, get $10 free
University Federal Credit Union (UFCU): Complimentary student account
MOVING & STORAGE
Bellhop Moving: Discount: $20 off any moving service booked online or over the phone
Callbox Storage: $25 off
Collegeboxes: 10% off
Dorm Room Movers: $10 off
Career Onward: 5% off career planning services
Texas Executive Education: 15% off Executive Education Open Enrollment classes
MORE GOOD STUFF
The Bullock Texas State History Museum: $2 off exhibit admission
Kerring Group Medical Equipment Rentals: 15% off
Benefits subject to change.