Applications for the 2019-20 Texas Parents Student Organization Grants are now closed.
Every fall, Texas Parents awards nearly $45,000 in grants to registered student organizations’ activities, events and projects that work to enhance the UT Austin community through community service and enrich the UT Austin student campus experience. In awarding these grants, Texas Parents supports students’ efforts to put the university’s core values into practice and create a better UT Austin community.
The Student Organization Grants have been combined into one application and selection process and are awarded each fall semester in hopes of assisting student organizations in planning events for the entire academic year. Funding for these grants is made possible through the contributions and generous donations of parents, families, members and friends of the Texas Parents Association.
Grants are awarded in two categories:
- Community Service: awarded to projects that create a meaningful and safe service experience for UT students in the UT and/or Austin community.
- Student Experience: awarded to activities working to enhance and enrich the UT student campus experience.
Requirements and Details:
To be considered for Texas Parents Student Organization Grants, student organizations must be registered and in good standing with the Office of the Dean of Students and a representative of the student organization must attend a mandatory information session or set-up a one-on-one consultation with a Texas Parents staff member before applications are due.
A student organization may submit more than one application, as long as each application is requesting grant funds for separate activities or projects. Grants will be awarded to a specific activity or project, not to the student organization. Therefore, funding awarded for the activity that isn’t used for its earmarked purpose must be returned to Texas Parents. Should the awarded activity not take place within 90 days of the date of activity on the application, the funds must be returned to Texas Parents.
Successful applications will demonstrate the requirements of the category, the University’s core values and that funding is being sought out in addition to Texas Parents grants. Student organizations that are awarded Texas Parents Student Organization Grants must:
- Acknowledge Texas Parents’ support of the activity in any print or online material and provide proof to our office.
- Share any photographs from the event with Texas Parents to be used in Texas Parents communications.
- Return all funding to Texas Parents should the awarded activity not take place within 90 days of the date of activity on the application.
- Provide proof that the activity took place within one week of the actual date of activity and complete and return the Texas Parents impact report.
2018-19 Student Organization Grant Recipients
Each Student Organization Grant Recipient completed reports showcasing the impact their activities, events or projects made on the UT Austin and/or Austin Community. Click here to read their stories, explore photos from their activities, events and projects and discover what these recipients had to say to parents, families, members and friends of the Texas Parents Association whose generous donations and contributions made their activity, event, or project possible.