The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule. The Texas Parents office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. this fall, during that time the office will be staffed each day of the week with one team member on campus and the others working remotely. Below you will find information relating to the operation of the Texas Parents office and how some Texas Parents Association member benefits are being administered at this time.
To learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures your student can take, go to parents.utexas.edu.
With the evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information and have taken a number of precautionary measures. UT has also created a Roadmap to Fall 2020. This plan provides a framework for the fall designed to accommodate the dynamic environment and enable the university to adapt to changes in the prevalence of COVID-19 in Austin.
The well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary. Please continue to visit the Protect Texas Together website, protect.utexas.edu, for the latest updates on the Roadmap to Fall 2020.
Texas Parents Operational Updates
- As stated above, the Texas Parents office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. this fall, during that time the office will be staffed each day of the week with one team member on campus and the others working remotely.
- Texas Parents staff who are working remotely are responding to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 512-471-2353.
Membership Operations Updates
- Sign-ups for Texas Parents Association supporting and complimentary levels of membership remain open. Office staff continues processing new memberships remotely. To sign up for the membership that is best for your family, go here.
- Brick paver orders have closed. Office staff will communicate more details after the bricks have been laid and mapped out.
- Posts pertaining to COVID-19, UT Austin related and otherwise will not be approved on the Texas Parents Closed Facebook Group.
- Texas Parents is implementing policies and practices in alignment with the university’s health and safety guidelines.
- Visitors to the Texas Parents office are expected to follow the Health and Wellness guidelines established by the university protect.utexas.edu/health-and-wellness.
- Texas Parents is located in Gregory Gym, we encourage you to review the Recreational Sports website for updated information prior to arriving.
- All in-person meetings will practice social distancing while wearing reccommended protective face masks.
- Office surfaces are routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer is available for staff and guests.
- A plexiglass barrior has been placed at the Texas Parents front desk to protect staff and guests.
Programmatic Updates (Family Weekend)
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing risks presented by COVID-19, the university has decided to cancel this year’s Family Weekend.
Last updated: 8/24/2020