The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule and is preparing for a Fall 2020 campus reopening. Below you will find information relating to the operation of the Texas Parents office and how some Texas Parents Association member benefits are being administered at this time.
To learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures your student can take, go to parents.utexas.edu.
With the evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information and have taken a number of precautionary measures. UT has also created a Roadmap to Fall 2020. This plan provides a framework for the fall designed to accommodate the dynamic environment and enable the university to adapt to changes in the prevalence of COVID-19 in Austin.
The well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary. Please continue to visit the Protect Texas Together website, protect.utexas.edu, for the latest updates on the Roadmap to Fall 2020.
Texas Parents Operational Updates
- In accordance with the university's decision to modify campus operations, the Texas Parents office will be closed until further notice.
- Texas Parents Staff are working remotely to respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-471-2353.
Membership Operations Updates
- The supporting member benefit allowing you to ship a package to the Texas delivery service companies while the physical office is closed. Office staff will be contacting you if our records indicate a package is currently in route.
- Sign-ups for Texas Parents Association supporting and complimentary levels of membership remain open. Office staff continues processing new memberships remotely. To sign up for the membership that is best for your family, go here.
- Brick paver orders have closed. Office staff will communicate more details after the bricks have been laid and mapped out.
- Posts pertaining to COVID-19, UT Austin related and otherwise will not be approved on the Texas Parents Closed Facebook Group.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings have been suspended.
- When the Texas Parents office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Continue to encourage your student to take preventative measures.
Programmatic Updates (Family Orientation)
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Family Orientation 2020 will be conducted online instead of in person.
To find more information or to register for Online Family Orientation, go here.
Student Orientation, facilitated by New Student Services, is also being conducted online, find out more at orientation.utexas.edu.
Last updated: 7/6/2020