The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule. Below you will find information relating to the operation of the Texas Parents office and how some Texas Parents Association member benefits are being administered at this time.
To learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures your student can take, go to parents.utexas.edu.
With the rapidly evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information from university leadership and have taken a number of precautionary measures.
The well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary.
Please continue to visit coronavirus.utexas.edu for the latest updates.
- In accordance with the university's decision to close campus operations, the Texas Parents office will be closed until further notice.
- Your Texas Parents Staff are considered essential personnel and will be working remotely to respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-471-2353.
Membership Operations Updates
- The supporting member benefit allowing you to ship a package to the Texas delivery service companies while the physical office is closed. Office staff will be contacting you if our records indicate a package is currently in route.
- Sign-ups for Texas Parents Association supporting and complimentary levels of membership remain open. Office staff continues processing new memberships remotely. To sign up for the membership that is best for your family, go here.
- Brick paver orders have closed. Office staff will communicate more details after the bricks have been laid and mapped out.
- Posts pertaining to COVID-19, UT Austin related and otherwise will not be approved on the Texas Parents Closed Facebook Group. Questions and feedback can be submitted here or you can contact email@example.com or call 512-471-2353.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings have been suspended.
- When the Texas Parents office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Continue to encourage your student to take preventative measures.
Programmatic Updates (Family Orientation)
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Family Orientation 2020 will be conducted online instead of in person.
To find more information or to register for Family Orientation, go here.
Student Orientation, facilitated by New Student Services, is also being conducted online, find out more at orientation.utexas.edu.
Cancellations and Getting Refunds
- Online Family Orientation is free of charge. If you had previously registered and paid for in-person orientation you will be fully refunded. To receive your refund you must re-registered for Online Family Orientation, once that has been completed Texas Parents staff will begin processing your full refund. Please give the office up to 10 business days to complete the process. Once your refund is completed it may take 48-72 hours before it’s credited back to your credit card.
Last updated: 4/21/2020