The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule. Below you will find information relating to the operation of the Texas Parents office and how some Texas Parents Association member benefits are being administered at this time.
To learn more about what campus facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures your student can take, go to parents.utexas.edu.
With the rapidly evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), campus departments and offices continue to closely monitor the latest information from university leadership and have taken a number of precautionary measures.
The well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors is our number one priority. University leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary.
Please continue to visit coronavirus.utexas.edu for the latest updates.
- In accordance with the university's decision to close campus operations, the Texas Parents office will be closed until further notice.
- Your Texas Parents Staff are considered essential personnel and will be working remotely to respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (CST). If you are in need of assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 512-471-2353.
Membership Operations Updates
- The supporting member benefit allowing you to ship a package to the Texas delivery service companies while the physical office is closed. Office staff will be contacting you if our records indicate a package is currently in route.
- Sign-ups for Texas Parents Association supporting and complimentary levels of membership remain open. Office staff continues processing new memberships remotely. To sign up for the membership that is best for your family, go here.
- Brick paver orders have closed. Office staff will communicate more details after the bricks have been laid and mapped out.
- Posts pertaining to COVID-19, UT Austin related and otherwise will not be approved on the Texas Parents Closed Facebook Group. Questions and feedback can be submitted here or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-471-2353.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings have been suspended through Sunday, March 29.
- When the Texas Parents office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Continue to encourage your student to take preventative measures.
Programmatic Updates (Family Orientation)
- At this time, Family Orientation is proceeding as planned. The university is following guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Austin Public Health and is coordinating with other local public health officials to gather the most up-to-date information and share it with the community.
- To find more information or to register for Family Orientation, go to parents.utexas.edu/register-freshman-family-orientation.
- Student Orientation, facilitated by New Student Services, is also proceeding as planned and information is available at orientation.utexas.edu.
Cancellations and Getting Refunds
- At this time, Family Orientation is still set to proceed as planned and registration is open at parents.utexas.edu/register-freshman-family-orientation. We will provide additional updates if orientation is modified or canceled. Please view the Family Orientation Registration page for information regarding our refund policy.
Last updated: 3/17/2020